I am so lucky and grateful to have such talented and important people on my page. One example is Chef Mohamed Hassan who works for the Sheraton Group of Hotels and sent me this lovely recipe. My family does not much care for pasta so my recipes are just a few, so this recipe is a real welcome change for my blog and also for all of you who love pasta. I hope you do try it out and give me feedback. Thank you soo much Chef!!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
400 g king prawn large, shelled (1x100g prawn per portion)
50 g extra virgin olive oil
20 g garlic, finely chopped
8 g large red chilli, seeded, fine dice
10 g italian parsley chopped
12 g fresh red chilli padi (bird’s eye), whole (8 whole – 2 per portion)
2 g dried chilli flakes
2 g salt
2 g black pepper (freshly ground)
40 g extra virgin olive oil (to dress before serving)
760 g dried pasta, blanched (190g blanched pasta per portion if guest ordered dried pasta)
560 g fresh pasta (140g per portion if guest ordered fresh pasta)
120 g rucola
1. In a large frying pan, sear the king prawns (shelled, leaving the tail and head intact) over high heat on the both sides.
2. Add in a quarter of the chopped garlic and a pinch of the dried chilli flakes into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the prawns and finish in the oven until cooked.
4. Meanwhile, using the same pan, heat the oil and sauté the remaining chopped garlic over medium heat.
5. Add in the diced red chilli and chopped parsley.
6. Sauté for about 20 seconds and add in the remaining dried chilli flakes.
8. Blanch the pasta add into the pan and toss with a spoonful of the pasta water.
9. Portion the pasta into a pasta plate and lay a king prawn on top.
10. Garnish the side with the arugula salad.
11. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Ohhh these are sooo tempting.. I love prawns and with pasta super combination!
thank you…but its not my recipe 🙂
Pingback: PASTA GAMEBERONI BY CHEF MOHAMED HASSAN | nitu didi | ClubEvoo